Tuesday, April 12, 2016

What do I love? What do I want?

Half of the battle of trying to get what you want is actually figuring out what you want. I think I ask this often enough however, do I really know what the answer it is? Is my answer really that true? For one I know I want to attempt to do something great. When I graduated from high school, my senor quote was "There is no better life purpose, than to perish in the pursuit of the great and impossible." For me, I decided that I would strive as far as I possibly could for greatness. As of right now, the way I intent to do this is through physics and engineering. That quote helped me in deciding to pursue a physics degree, which is one of the hardest degrees to get in the natural sciences, on top of that I knew that I would want to go to grad school so that I could do research. By going to grad school I would be in a position that would let me engage in whatever pursuits I wanted within the world of physics and science as I would have immense knowledge at my disposal. What I would love to do, is leave an impact to society that would help steer mankind in the right direction to living a good and prosperous existence. In my mind physics is a field where its impact is felt in a butterfly effect. By uncovering and describing a natural phenomena, that phenomena is now able to be used to our advantage, and since discovering it and characterizing it for others to use, that person has now played a hand in whatever someone else does, using the properties discovered in the field. I thought that that is where I can do the most good, by giving humanity more knowledge about the world around ourselves, so that we can guide our own future, and essentially become the gods we once worshiped, through our own knowledge and industry..

No comments:

Post a Comment