Friday, April 22, 2016

Going the Extra Mile

Going the extra mile is something that is supposed to be the norm in college, or at least to me it seems so. More so for science and technical majors than other programs from what I have seen. Looking at the amount of work effort needed to become successful in these field usually seem to result in the student pushing themselves to the extremes of their endurance for study sessions, or committing themselves to a hopelessly numerous amount of projects. Somehow however, the students usually have a way to pull through and come out with the task completed. To me I think it is a learned skill. Something I have to improve upon in the future. I look to the upperclassmen and they generally live in the science hall as I have seen that some actually do. Its no uncommon to see someone sleeping on the couches in the hall or brushing their teeth in the bathroom at late hours of the night. Surely this is what it takes to succeed I think. I just need to work on my ability to operate on a a level that they do. Maybe its something that takes time to learn but hopefully by getting to the science hall at 6 AM everyday and putting the time in outside of class, I might be able to increase my endure and perform better in these classes. My current issue now, is my foundation knowledge is out of wack in some classes such as calc, that makes it very difficult to pass. The classes where I do have the necessary base knowledge I find however, I am able to succeed generally well, resulting in either high Cs at the worst to the average of a B or maybe an A or 2 depending on the class. We shall see though, as long as a preserve I think I will eventually make it through college. Just gotta keep moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment