Sunday, April 17, 2016

The Benefits of Working Outside

Today as I write this, I sit outside on long deck with a nice shady overhang and a cool breeze blowing calmy by. I have to wonder the benefits of sitting outside and doing work. To me it seems to be a lot more calming. There are very few people walking by today so it is quiet from people traffic. One can still hear the birds and the steady hum of the AC from the surrounding building. It is a nice change of pace, studying in an environment that is pleasant and one would want to linger in. As of current I have been out here for almost 2 hours and the usual fatigue I normally get from studying is no present. It is nice and I think it is something I will do in the future. On a day like today there is a good amount of work to be done, however being out here it feels as if there's no real rush, as long as I'm sitting in my chair and do my usual boughts of 45 minutes working, 15 minutes on break the work will get done eventually, without the usual anxiety that follows. Maybe I could work faster inside where there is less ambient noise, however I find I can stand being here outside a little longer than I would need to as the environment is pleasant. I think I will start to make this more of a common thing for me. Nature really does seem to be refreshing to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment