Friday, April 22, 2016

The Art of Staying Focused

For me the most difficult part of studying is trying to actually get studying. Once I am set up and my things are good to go, there usually is little that will distract me. What usually stops me is if the material is rather difficult, such as calculus, where I simply hate it and cannot stand to do it  because I make no head way, or I burn myself out. An interesting method I have found for long haul study sessions is a method where the person will begin to study for say 45 minutes and at the end of the 45 minutes the person gets a 15 minute break. By taking breaks every so often and after these breaks switching what materials is being worked on, the person doesn't have to worry about burning out so often and can stay able to study for longer sessions. This method works well for me but it is difficult to get into this state of mind. For me I think trying to set a schedule of when I need to study will help me to actually commit to getting the resources down pat so that I begin studying. The hardest part of any endeavor is beginning. Once the activation energy has been spent on an activity, the rest of the process is much easier than the beginning. Maybe I need to work more on simply beginning and setting time aside for myself to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment