Thursday, March 17, 2016

Peer Review Reflection Process, How effective is it?

By using Peer Review I have found that there is a degree of collaboration that allows a paper to better come into itself. By using Peer Review, the paper gets exposed to the essence of what it will be sooner, before publishing it. That is a piece of writing that is exposed to the public and is read and digested by an audience. From my point of view as a peer reviewer I like the process as it allows me to see what my other classmates are doing and gauge how well someone else is doing on the paper and allows me to better figure how much effort needs to be exerted on the paper. More than that though however it allows me to learn more on a specific topic that the author decides to write about. Also it allows ones to notice how someone else writes and you can compare your writing style to someone else and see what is good writing and what is bad. You also learn that because it is written by someone else, with it being not your writing does not necessarily mean that it is bad writing. By learning that there are different writing styles out there, it helps to see that there are different methods of approaching the same assignment.

By having someone peer review my own paper I get the chance to hear some feedback and get the feeling of what the audience will think of the paper when it eventually becomes published. I really like to hear what someone thinks about a paper and ultimately it makes the paper stronger as it allows the paper to adapt the paper so that it is better received when it is inevitably sent out into the public domain for everyone to read.

All in all I like the peer review process, it allows me to read what other people are doing and expand my knowledge base as well as see what my classmates are working on. It also strengths everyone's paper as having someone else read and digest it and give feedback, the author can adapt the paper and make it stronger when it is published.

No comments:

Post a Comment