Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Synthesis Essay Reflection

Overall, I think my essay turned out the way I hope it did. While the essay does not really reflect my initial design plan, it does in essence captures a synthesis between two ideas, which helped me make a fundamental shift in my thinking. If there were a process I could have improved upon it would have to be the initial design and outlining stage. Those are the parts of writing I hate the most, even more than editing and revision because I am stuck to whatever I plans prior. In terms of making the final draft and revisions, those I feel were the easiest parts. The idea was already laid out on the page. The only thing that remained was to polish those ideas so they could be presented clearly to anyone who reads the paper. I am very happy with the way the paper turned out and I think it would be a nice edition to my writing portfolio. The reason why I liked this paper so much was that this assignment allowed me to shift the focus to something I wanted to talk about. As a whole, I am happy with the work I produced and cannot wait to see what comes of it. Moving onto what I do next, I hope to do better with my design plan. For this synthesis essay I felt that a design plan wasn’t imperative to the paper was only two outside sources were used and it is hard to go astray when comparing to the structure and organizing required in the upcoming research and analysis papers. Those papers I am excited to write as research and analysis are my favorite genre of writing because I get to tear into ideas, break the apart and find out what they are worth. Moving on from here I think I am in a good place to improve my writing abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment